November 27th, 2012 Comments off
- Each Exadata Database Machine has completely redundant hardware including redundant InfiniBand networking, redundant Power Distribution Units (PDU), redundant power upplies, and redundant database and storage servers.
- Oracle RAC protects against database server failure.
- ASM provides data mirroring to protect against disk or storage server failures.
- Oracle RMAN provides extremely fast and efficient backups to disk or tape.
- Oracle’s Flashback technology allows backing out user errors at the database, table or even row level.
- Using Oracle Data Guard, a second Exadata Database Machine can be configured to maintain a real-time copy of the database at a remote site to provide full protection against site failures and disasters.