quick configuration of httpd /var/tmp
yum -y install httpd
Alias /test /var/tmp
Allow from all
Now copy files to /var/tmp and visit http://<ip address>/test
1. If you the installation of httpd server is not possibe, you can try the easier way of python httpd server here quick configuration of python httpd server.
2. If you want to share /var/tmp so that others can mount it as NFS share, you can do the following:
echo "/var/tmp *(rw)" >> /etc/exports
Then on the host you want to mount the NFS share, do the following:
mount -t nfs slc03nsv:/var/tmp /mnt
3. Want to write .htaccess for 301 redirect? Then you can refer to Three types of 301 rewrite/redirect for apache httpd server and apache rewrite with and without ending slash.
4. Here's a guide for nginx installation with a bash script: Install nginx reverse proxy server under centos(bash shell) and the way to get the real user ip address when using nginx as reverse proxy(from backend apache server) & logrotate linux log files.
5. Now your boss asked you to have a monitor of enterprise's website, than you may find the following article useful - Auto-monitor your server status and restart or reboot server(bash shell script) and awstats installation and configuration guide on linux centos.
6. Your httpd server is now under DDos Attack? I've undergone this, you can read the stories resolved – port 53 dns flooding attack.
7. You'll be sure to met some errors when you handled linux httpd server a lot, here're several of them Resolved – ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libaprutil-0.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory & Solved:Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into server: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory & resolved awstats 500 internal server error after installation on centos linux.